Since this is the summer and we are just starting off I am going to propose a project that will lead to an understanding of Skype and how to use it. After the project described below, the students can then begin to Skype another class since we have walked through the process together during the author study.
- Post the following about the project:
- Content objective - The learner will understand the writing process of a novel from an author while reading and discussing the book in sections.
- When you plan to implement - During the second nine weeks (after our poetry unit)
- What tool(s) you plan to use - Skype with authors, blog to write and create reading Q&A sessions, novels both paper and electronic (whichever ones we have)
- A brief description of the project (plan - two or three sentences)- The learner will be introduced to the author and the book from the author through Skype website. They will then begin reading the novel while posting blog comments/questions/responses with the group. During weekly to biweekly Skypes, the students and author will discuss the book and the reasons/meanings behind each section read.